Since 2004, MADERA has formalized its efforts in Afghanistan by writing a strategic plan. The first document was prepared for a period of five years (2005-2009) and identified the following general and internal objectives:
- Promote integrated and participatory local development
- Promote sustainable economic development
- Fight against inequality
- Support Afghan initiatives and structures and promote the transfer of skills
- Strengthen its capacity for action
- Improve and develop professional practices of development aid
- Create mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation
- Adapt its organization:
- Develop the organization's human resources.
- Establish a policy to transfer skills
- Define an evolutionary perspective of our organization
objectives are still relevant and are broken down operationally by region, sector, and some cross-cutting activities, in the document "Strategic Plan 2015 - 2017.”The goal is to enable our
organization to adapt to the highly fluctuating Afghan context and develop a more relevant and effective action.